Terms of Service
Last updated: July 16, 2014
Welcome to aabloo, your language learning marketplace focused on conversation. The Terms of Service specified in this document and the various documents it links to, which are:
govern the access and use that any user can make of the platform, as well as the hiring of the services offered in it.
When a user registers for accessing or using the services, he must first read and accept this Terms of Service. Therefore, it is understood that once he access the application, agrees with them, accepts them with sufficient capacity, and assumes all obligations defined.
aabloo may modify these Terms of Service at any time, without notice. The user has the responsibility to review and stay informed about changes which may affect these Terms of Service. He can view the version and date of last update at the top of the document. In case he keeps using the service, it will mean that he understands and accepts the changes. If he does not agree, he must stop using the service.
2. Conditions of Use of our service
First, the user agrees to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy, which aims to guarantee and respect the rights of all users.
Registration and creation of an account
When the user registers in aabloo, creating an account with his data, he agrees to these Terms of Service and any related documentation. From that point, the user is fully and solely responsible for the activity that takes place in the account, and he must keep his password safe so that no third party can operate on it without his consent.
The user is responsible for controlling his profile and personal data that he chooses to appear there, as well as what parts of the application he wants to use (notifications, public profile, Social Network, Roulette, etc.). The user can manage these settings through the Settings section of his account.
A set of operating rules has been established for the management of the classes.
- Booking and confirming classes:
- When the student books a class with a teacher/speaker, the latter has 24 hours to confirm. If the teacher/speaker does not confirm the class within that period, the class will be canceled and the time slot will become available again.
- When the teacher/speaker confirms the class, the student has 24 hours to pay for it. If the student does not pay the class within that period, the class will be canceled.
- If a class is booked less than 48 in advance, the time limits described above do not apply, and the class can't be rescheduled at any time.
- A class might be canceled by either party, as long as it has not been paid yet.
- If a class has already been paid:
- If there are at least 24 hours before the beginning of the class, the student can reschedule it, choosing another time slot available in the teacher/speaker calendar. If, by contrast, there are less than 24 hours before the beginning of the class, the student can't reschedule the class, and thus will lose the class if he does not attend it at the scheduled time.
- At any time, the teacher/speaker may require the student to reschedule a class, as long as the teacher/speaker has available time slots in his calendar.
- 5 minutes before the scheduled time for the class, the Skype button will enable itself automatically, so the video call can be initiated. Generally, it will be the teacher/speaker who calls the student, although this is not required
- If for any given class, which is already confirmed and paid, either party is unable to attend:
- Both users should try to contact the other one and try to agree on a new date or time, and reschedule it accordingly.
- If the teacher/speaker misses a class without prior notice, and the student can’t contact him/her to reschedule it, the student should report the issue or contact with the aabloo staff, in order to try to resolve any potential breach of agreement on the part of the teacher/speaker. The maximum term to do this will be 15 days. Please note that aabloo is not an escrow service, so it is not possible for us to provide a refund for the class.
The user must be over 18 years old in order to register, since aabloo is available only to individuals who can make legally binding contracts under applicable law. If you are a minor, you can use aabloo only through an account created and supervised by your parents or legal guardian, as detailed in the following paragraph.
Use of the Service by minors
In strict compliance with the laws of their country of residence, minors can use an account created by a parent or legal guardian with his approval. As a parent or legal guardian, if you allow your minor child to use an account on the Service, you hereby agree to comply with these Terms of Service on your behalf and on your minor child’s behalf, and represent and warrant that you are responsible for all uses of the Account made by your minor child, either these were authorized by you or not.
3. Privacy and Security Policy
aabloo is committed to protect all personal data and to comply with its duty to guard it, and will take the necessary measures in order to prevent alteration, loss, treatment or unauthorized access, in accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/99 of December 13, Protection of Personal Data.
5. Licence of Use
The user gains no rights or licenses in connection with the Service or its elements, except the limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use the Service in accordance with these Terms of Service. aabloo may terminate this license at any time and for any reason.
6. Copyright and Intellectual Property
The user acknowledges and agrees that the entire website, containing but not limited to text, software, content (including structure, selection, arrangement and presentation of the same), photographs, audiovisual material and graphics, and all comments that users published, is protected by trademark, copyright and other legitimate rights registered in accordance with international treaties to which Spain is a party and other proprietary rights and laws of Spain..
You acknowledge that you use the service at your own risk and/or responsibility, and admit that the service and any items in it, including but not limited to the content and services, are provided "as is", and that aabloo does not explicitly or implicitly warranty those elements including, among others, the non-compliance, title or adequacy for a particular purpose or use.
aabloo does not guarantee that the service is compatible with your hardware or software, nor that the service will not contain errors, viruses, worms or "Trojan horses", and is not responsible for damages caused by these destructive elements.
You acknowledge that aabloo is not responsible for (i) damage, whether caused by a negligence from aabloo, its employees, users or whether arising in connection with the service, aabloo not being liable for any general loss, indirect or collateral damages, or as a result of the filing of lawsuits against aabloo by third parties; or (ii) failures, discrepancies, omissions, delays or other errors in the Service caused by your computer or mobile device or your use of the Service in such equipment or services, or by the content of other websites, goods or advertisements that may be linked to the Service and are not managed or controlled by aabloo.
aabloo is also not responsible for the accuracy or continued availability of the telephone lines, Internet access or the equipment that the user utilizes to access the service.
Contracts with third parties through aabloo
You acknowledge and agree that any contractual or non-contractual relationship, if any, executed with other users contacted through aabloo, are considered uniquely and exclusively made between users. Accordingly, you agree that aabloo does not have any responsibility for loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of their negotiations, conversations and/or contractual or non-contractual relationships between the users.
aabloo, its officers and employees will not be responsible, directly or indirectly, in any way, to the user or any other person for: (i) service errors and omissions; (ii) delays, errors or interruptions in the transmission or delivery of service; or (iii) losses or damages caused, or for any other reason
Limits on Civil Liability
For any reason, including but not limited to negligence, aabloo will have civil liability to you for any direct or indirect damages, even if an authorized representative of aabloo was specifically aware of the possibility of the production of such damages, resulting from the use or inability to use the Service or any link or element in the Service or provision of the Terms of Service.
aabloo is not responsible for communications that occur between users, and agreements to which these come as a result of offers that may appear on the website.
aabloo will comply with all the necessary diligence if it becomes aware of potential scams or crimes that are being committed through its platform. In this regard, aabloo actively cooperates with police and other legal authorities in the prosecution of these crimes.
Any user of aabloo commits to inform or report any abuse or incident occurring of which he/she is aware of, in order to correct and to assure the proper functioning of the service.
8. Declarations and Guarantees
Both the user and aabloo may terminate their relationship at any time without notice for breach of the provisions of the Terms of Service. Upon termination of the contract the user will stop using the service and/or aabloo will interrupt the user’s access to the site or their services.
10. Nulity and inefficacy of the clauses
If any clause in these Terms of Service be declared totally or partially invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability will only affect the specific provision or part of it that is invalid or ineffectual, and these Terms of Service will subsist in every other aspect, considering such part or provision as not included.
11. Governing legislation and competent jurisdiction
These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with Spanish law. Both aabloo and the user agree to submit any dispute that may arise from the provision of goods or services covered by these Terms of Service, to the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Valencia, Spain, unless the law provides otherwise.
12. Contact us
In the event of any incident, it is best to contact us at our email address firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to try to solve it in a friendly way. At aabloo our spirit is of collaboration, improvement and good vibes.